EXPERIENCED FLAGSTAFF ESTATE PLANNING LAWYERS
ATTORNEYS FOR WILLS, TRUSTS & PROBATE MATTERS
Mangum, Wall, Stoops & Warden, P.L.L.C. offers a full range of services to clients in estate planning and the administration of trusts and estates, as well as representation in probate proceedings. While these issues can be complex and confusing, we simplify matters for our clients. Our goal is to clarify estate planning and trust and estate administration, and complete necessary procedures in a timely and economical manner.
Sound Advice & Guidance in Estate Planning
At Mangum, Wall, Stoops & Warden, P.L.L.C., we believe that estate planning begins with planning for disability during life, and we assist clients to plan for their own care through financial powers of attorney, health care powers of attorney and living wills. We utilize these tools for competence planning along with documents providing for the transfer of assets, including wills, trusts, and when appropriate, beneficiary designations.
- Wills – The creation of a will gives a person control over where his or her assets will go in the event of death. It is a basic and integral estate planning tool, and the most straightforward way to ensure one’s wishes are carried out.
- Trusts – A trust may be used in conjunction with a will or on its own to hold assets for beneficiaries. Depending on a client’s specific needs, we help create revocable and irrevocable trusts, as well as irrevocable life insurance trusts (ILITs).
- Beneficiary Designations – Frequently, at least one goal of an estate plan is to avoid probate, which may be accomplished through the use of trusts as well as beneficiary designations, such as naming beneficiaries on insurance policies, annuities, financial accounts, stock portfolios and other assets.
We work to ensure that people’s wealth passes as fully as possible to their intended beneficiaries in ways to reduce costs now and later. This includes planning for reduction and elimination of estate tax, ease of administration, care for both the client and the client’s family members during their lifetimes, and carrying out the client’s intended distributions at death.
Business Succession Planning
Ownership of a business can pose unique issues for estate planning. We are experienced with business succession planning, including the creation of limited liability companies (LLCs) and family limited partnerships (FLPs). We can also prepare buy-sell agreements to accomplish our clients’ estate planning and business goals.
Probate Administration & Litigation
Probate and trust proceedings in court are simplified compared to what was required in years past, but can still be quite complex for personal representatives and family members. We assist clients with these proceedings, including the preparation and filing of all necessary documents, notifying creditors, handling tax issues and overseeing the distribution of property, and provide representation in contested matters when disputes arise. In providing high quality representation, we rely on years of experience and a clear understanding of the subtleties of probate law.
Figuring out the best course of action and planning for the future can be confusing and overwhelming, especially when a person or family is faced with issues related to aging or disability. At Mangum, Wall, Stoops & Warden, we draw on a variety of legal tools and techniques to assist our clients, their families and loved ones, to evaluate options and develop a holistic plan tailored to meet their specific goals and objectives.
These may include:
- traditional estate planning (wills, trusts, powers of attorney);
- insurance and public benefit eligibility planning;
- long-term care concerns;
- guardianship and/or conservatorship;
- succession-of-care planning;
- advocating for the client or patient¹s right to dignity and quality care.
As part of this process, we often collaborate with other professionals such as accountants, financial planners and advisors, medical experts, and benefit specialists, in order to develop and help our clients implement their short and long term goals.
We work hard to develop the most effective plan to meet our clients¹ needs, incorporating the elder or disabled person¹s rights, independence, and dignity to the greatest extent possible.
Seek Advice from Experienced Estate Planning Lawyers in Flagstaff
If you or a loved one needs to draft a will, establish a trust, or set up any kind of arrangement for health care or financial management in the future, please contact the Flagstaff offices of Mangum, Wall, Stoops & Warden, P.L.L.C.