A Full-Service Flagstaff Law Firm with Deep Roots in the Community
Our Practice Areas
Mangum, Wall, Stoops & Warden, P.L.L.C. is a full-service law firm providing representation in all aspects of civil and commercial litigation, including business law, and real estate law. Our firm also concentrates in the specific areas of estate planning and probate, including wills, trusts and estate administration. We have significant experience representing a number of institutional clients in the areas of education, municipal and public law, in addition to maintaining a longstanding practice with Arizona tribal clients.
Please learn more about our practice areas below:
Wills, Trusts, Estates & Probate
Our firm assists clients in estate planning and administration, as well as probate proceedings, including contested matters when disputes arise. We aim to provide sound advice, clear guidance and economical solutions in the following areas:
- Wills and trusts
- Financial powers of attorney
- Health care powers of attorney
- Reduction and elimination of estate tax
- Probate and estate administration
- Probate litigation
Please see our page discussing wills, trusts, estates and probate for more information about our estate planning and administration services.
Business & Corporate Law
Over the years, Magnum, Wall, Stoops & Warden, P.L.L.C. has represented many Arizona businesses, handling all aspects of entity formation, transactions, employer-employee relations and more. We work side-by-side with our business clients to accomplish their objectives through comprehensive guidance as to legal risks and uncertainties. Our experience includes:
- Breach of contract
- Business contract and agreement preparation and review, including covenants not to compete, employment contracts, buy-sell agreements and shareholder agreements
- Business litigation and disputes
- Insurance document preparation and enforcements of judgments
- Corporate document preparation
- Counseling and planning advice for businesses, corporations and individuals
- Formation of profit and nonprofit corporations, LLCs, partnerships, professional associations and joint ventures
- Purchasing and selling businesses
Please see our business and real estate law page for more information about our services.
Real Estate Law
Our firm represents buyers, sellers, property owners, managers and construction companies in general real estate matters, including but not limited to:
- Lending and finance
- Acquiring, developing, leasing and selling properties
- Landlord-tenant disputes and evictions
- Landlord remedies
- Commercial lease transactions, including the negotiation and drafting of office, retail and industrial leases
Our business and real estate law page provides more information about this area of our practice.
Mangum, Wall, Stoops & Warden, P.L.L.C. has been deeply involved in the practice of education law for more than 50 years. We represent numerous Arizona school districts and public and private educational institutions in virtually all aspects of their legal needs, including:
- Policy writing and review
- In-service training for elected and administrative officials
- Employee and student disciplinary hearings
- Procurement disputes
- Special education matters
- Litigation in state, federal and tribal courts
Please see our education, municipal and public law page for more information about our services and expertise in this area.
Municipal & Public Entity Law
Our firm has a reputation for providing quality representation to cities, towns and other public entities in both civil law and in prosecution of cases in municipal courts. Our experience includes:
- Contracts and inter-governmental agreements
- Employer-employee relations
- Council powers and procedures, including open meeting laws, election law, policy drafting and enforcement
- Zoning and land use issues
- Utility law, including operation and/or supervision of water, sewer, electric, gas and cable utilities and franchises
- Prosecution of DUI, drug possession, assault, disorderly conduct, city code violations and other misdemeanor offenses
For more information, please see our education, municipal and public law page.
Figuring out the best course of action and planning for the future can be confusing and overwhelming, especially when a person or family is faced with issues related to aging or disability. At Mangum, Wall, Stoops & Warden, we draw on a variety of legal tools and techniques to assist our clients, their families and loved ones, to evaluate options and develop a holistic plan tailored to meet their specific goals and objectives.
These may include:
- traditional estate planning (wills, trusts, powers of attorney);
- insurance and public benefit eligibility planning;
- long-term care concerns;
- guardianship and/or conservatorship;
- succession-of-care planning;
- advocating for the client or patient¹s right to dignity and quality care.
As part of this process, we often collaborate with other professionals such as accountants, financial planners and advisors, medical experts, and benefit specialists, in order to develop and help our clients implement their short and long term goals.
We work hard to develop the most effective plan to meet our clients¹ needs, incorporating the elder or disabled person¹s rights, independence, and dignity to the greatest extent possible.
Mangum, Wall, Stoops & Warden, P.L.L.C. handles contract formation, on-site disputes, lien work, and arbitration and litigation for owners, developers, architects, general contractors, subcontractors and materialmen. Our construction law experience includes:
- Accident investigation
- Architect and engineer liability claims
- Construction defect claims
- Construction insurance issues, including additional-insured issues
- Construction lien issues
- Construction site accident litigation
- Contract negotiation, drafting and review
- Contractor license and registration issues
- Environmental claims
- Indemnity issues
- Insurance coverage disputes
- Labor disputes and employee issues
- Legal issues affecting design professionals
- Payment and bonding issues
- Registrar of Contractor hearings
- Subrogation issues
Tribal & Indian Law
Attorneys at our firm have litigated tribal and Indian law issues in Arizona’s state and federal courts, as well as the separate tribal courts of the Hopi Tribe, the Navajo Nation, the White Mountain Apache Tribe, the Gila River Indian Community, and the San Carlos Apache Indian Community. We have advised and represented villages, individuals, tribal governments and boards, and tribal schools in the following matters:
- Contracts and inter-governmental agreements
- Administrative law, including interaction with state and federal agencies and departments
- Employment law
- Real property and personal property law
- Religious freedoms and rights under tribal, state and federal law
- Tribal school law, including charter schools, grant schools, and grant charter schools
Contact Our Firm for Skilled & Experienced Representation
For more information about how our attorneys can assist you or your organization, please contact the Flagstaff offices of Mangum, Wall, Stoops & Warden, P.L.L.C. and schedule a consultation.